Thanksgiving is a great holiday to spend time with family and friends and celebrate the things we are grateful for. But sometimes food over-indulgence can lead to unwanted weight gain. To help keep off those holiday pounds, here are few tips for staying active:
- Plan a turkey bowl game. Grab a football and, weather permitting, play a game of two-hand touch football. It’ll be a great cardio workout to burn off all that dark meat.
- Participate in a 5K. Many cities have small races during the weekend of Thanksgiving that are fun and easy. Sign up for one of these before indulging on pumpkin pie.
- Walk it off. Don’t forget to have a post-Thanksgiving walk. You may feel too full to run or do any other form of rigorous exercise, but walking can burn a few calories and help get your metabolism working.
- While cooking, do a few calf raises or squats in the kitchen. Make it a contest with your family! Set reasonable goals (ie, when the rolls are in the oven, do 15 jumping jacks) to keep it fun.
- Get the whole family involved! If everyone has the same health goals, it will be easier to stick to yours.
We are grateful for the amazing clients we have here at RPT and hope you have a safe and healthy holiday!