Are you experiencing pain in your wrists or hands? Have you been diagnosed with tendonitis, tendinopathy, tenosynovitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, or a fracture in your wrists or hands? The physical therapists at RPT can help manage these conditions.
Tendonitis (also spelled as tendinitis) in the wrist is a condition in which one or more tendons becomes inflamed or irritated. It is commonly seen in people who perform repetitive activities with their hands. Signs of tendonitis in the wrist may include:
- Pain in any area of the wrist which may radiate up the elbow
- Pain that occurs with wrist movements
- Decreased grip strength
- Stiffness and limited motion in the wrist
- Tenderness in the wrist or forearm
How can RPT help with wrist and hand pain?
- Manual therapy includes gentle movements of the joints of the wrist, soft tissue massage, and stretching to restore movement and decrease pain
- Bracing and taping can be used to decrease stress on the involved tendons
- Therapeutic exercises to improve range of motion in the wrist as well as strengthening exercises to address weakness
- Education on proper positioning and mechanics to ease stress on the affected tendons which promotes healing and prevents future injuries allowing you to return to full activity
If you are experiencing wrist pain or any of the symptoms listed above, contact one of RPT’s 9 convenient locations for a free consultation to see how physical therapy may be able to help.